At its October 28 board assembly, Energy Trust’s board of administrators authorized the group’s 2020-2024 Strategic Plan. The plan was developed by way of a yearlong public course of that concerned gathering enter from the OPUC, our utility companions, stakeholders, our advisory councils, board and members of the general public.
This yr, Energy Trust obtained feedback from roughly 27 organizations and people – greater than we’ve ever obtained prior to now. Comments had been supportive of the plan general, and we respect the time every of those organizations and people put into their considerate responses to the plan.
Now in its ultimate type, the Strategic Plan defines our focus areas and key methods for the subsequent 5 years. These focus areas align to Energy Trust’s objective, which is to assist prospects and communities scale back prices and notice extra advantages by saving energy and utilizing renewable sources.
A key focus space is to ship advantages to all prospects of PGE, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista. This consists of rural prospects, people with low and average incomes, and communities of coloration. Energy Trust’s board has authorized employees to develop extra tailor-made companies, packages and affords to make sure underserved prospects can take part in, and profit from, cost-effective energy effectivity and clear, renewable technology.
Our focus areas embrace:
- Engaging prospects with related energy effectivity and renewable energy packages info and companies, together with info and companies particularly for underserved prospects.
- Strengthening the worth we ship to prospects by linking energy effectivity and renewable energy to the approaches utilities are utilizing to fulfill altering buyer energy wants.
- Providing goal info and analyses to help improvement and implementation of energy insurance policies.
- Maximizing public objective cost investments by leveraging extra funding to advance clear energy investments that ship a number of advantages.
- Enhancing our skill to rapidly and successfully reply to modifications, wants and new alternatives.