Greenhouse Grower’s Medal of Excellence awards program at Cultivate’19 was, amongst different issues, a celebration of breeding firms that attempt to attain excellence in selection growth.
Congratulations to the 2019 Medal of Excellence Winners that embody the very best in breeding, and typify the dedication to high quality that’s so prevalent in our business.
Industry’s Choice, Best New Variety: Beacon Impatiens (PanAmerican Seed)
Beacon Impatiens are among the many first Impatiens walleriana in the marketplace to point out excessive resistance to impatiens downy mildew. And with six colours and two mixes accessible within the sequence, gardeners may have heaps of shade choices to brighten up their shady backyard spots.
Industry’s Choice, Best Performing Variety: Gomphrena ‘Truffula Pink’ (Proven Winners)
Gomphrena ‘Truffula Pink’ stands out within the panorama and mixture baskets on account of its enjoyable, tufted flowers, brilliant shade, and measurement.
Editor’s Choice: Dahlia ‘Sincerity’ (Syngenta Flowers)
‘Sincerity’ is a brand new vegetative dahlia with massive, daring, white and pink bicolor blooms. Compact, well-branched vegetation have a mounded behavior and bloom constantly from spring to summer season.
Readers’ Choice: Beacon Impatiens (PanAmerican Seed)
Greenhouse Grower’s Medal of Excellence Awards have been the floriculture business’s premier awards and recognition program for greater than 25 years. Thank you to our esteemed panel of business specialists:
• The Metrolina Team: Abe Van Wingerden, Sim McMurry, Mark Yelanich
• The Welby Gardens Team: Al Gerace, Dan Gerace, John Gerace, Mandy Gerace
• The Mast Young Plants Team: Jim Raterink, Brian Weesies
• The Raker-Roberta’s Team: Steve Reed, Jenny Kuhn, Kelly Staats, and Susie Raker-Zimmerman
• Dr. Allan Armitage, Professor Emeritus of Horticulture, University of Georgia
• Janeen Wright, Greenhouse Grower