Hortinergy, a software program product launched in 2018 by Agrithermic that helps growers map out energy financial savings, now incorporates a new add-on: calculations of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of vegetables produced in greenhouses. The software helps grower estimate the environmental impression of vegetable manufacturing.
The new function takes a number of totally different parameters into account:
- Embodied energy of the greenhouse construction
- Heating and cooling
- Liquid CO2
The above instance compares three heating methods for tomato manufacturing beneath a venlo greenhouse:
- Gas boiler with CO2 collector in a basic greenhouse,
- Renewable energy with injection of liquid CO2 in a basic greenhouse,
- Renewable energy with injection of liquid CO2 in a semi-closed greenhouse.
Energy is the primary supply of greenhouse gasoline emissions (GHG). If the greenhouse is heated with renewable energy, the liquid CO2 turns into crucial supply. The embodied energy required to fabricate the greenhouse (amortized over the greenhouse life) could also be higher than the whole quantity of different inputs.
Hortinergy presents a easy and quick solution to estimate greenhouse gasoline (GHG) emissions utilizing accredited scientific strategies.
With Hortinergy, growers can design and mannequin on-line any sort of greenhouse all around the world. Hortinergy consists of particular parameters of greenhouses:
- Types of greenhouse, clear covers, screens
- Different crops (tomato, cucumber, strawberry, hashish) and their evapotranspiration
- Climate setpoints related as these of a climate laptop (temperature, humidity, mild)
- Different gear (semi-closed greenhouse, buffer tank, lighting).